Friday, February 27, 2015

Time ... Timing ...

Woke up this morning with a little tinge of worry ... about my day ... about the weird thing going on with my tire ... and the realization that I will be driving right by the scene of my wreck last June ... for the very first time.

It made me pause.  Actually, it stopped me dead in my tracks.

There was a moment of panic as I processed the thought.

"Ok, God.  So it's the end of the month ... just like before ... and I am rushing to get all of these things done ... and my tire is doing that weird thing ... AND ... I am going to be driving right by THAT spot ... where I took the plunge into the ravine ... the one that
I shouldn't have walked out of?!?"

And the whisper came ... "I am in control of YOUR time, MaryJane."

Reassuring at first ... but as the morning moves forward ... I find myself ... a little uneasy ... still.

My tires are brand new ... less than 60 days old. So there's no reason I should be having a tire issue.  But I am.

Shimmy and shake ... whenever I accelerate.  At times earlier this week, it has felt as if the rear left tire was going to simply fly off.

Slipped into a local tire place yesterday and was told they couldn't find any of the normal suspects for such a problem ... other than the tire on the left rear was worn badly along the edges ... causing a cupping effect ... that could definitely cause the vibrations.

 When I asked what would cause such a thing to happen with a brand new tire, he shook his head slowly and said he really didn't know.  Could be alignment but when he drove it, he didn't feel any pull.  Could be the tire wasn't balanced properly when it was put onto the car. He really wasn't sure. Anyway you slice it, it seems that the only fix is ... ANOTHER ... new tire.

He said that it wasn't hurting anything to drive on it ... except that it would just keep wearing ... and the shimmy-shaking would get worse.  He said he'd really like to help me but that he thought I should go back to where the tires came from ... since they were so new.

Made a call to that place. Plan to take it in on Monday ... after two long days of driving this weekend ... to catch up on all of the places I didn't get to go to over the last two weeks due to the snow.

Opened my email and my horoscope said ... Thankfully, you will have a good shot at reaching your goals as long as you take whatever extra time you need. You will only make yourself more frustrated if you push too hard because you could inadvertently agitate a hornet's nest of unwarranted worries. Be patient; it's smarter to chill out now and try again once the energy settles down. Timing is everything. 
 
Yes. I smiled.  It was a reminder from my best friend, God, Creator of the Universe, that He is always with me.  My Balstovitch ... he jumped off his pin back last night ... and landed somewhere in Heber Springs.  It seems that he doesn't want to come along for the ride ... today.



My God ... He will go before me ... He is always with me.

Timing. Is. Everything.

www.lifelessons-mj.blotspot.com
(c) February 2015

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for investing time to observe, listen, reflect, write, and then publish ... from your soul.

    ReplyDelete