Thursday, August 28, 2014

Do You Want To Build A Snowman?

Do you want to build a snowman?

For days & days now ... I have been desperately seeking a bit of inspiration ... motivation ... just the tiniest spark ... of something,

I have accepted the challenge ... and started down the path of something new.  It's something that I believe in ... and am passionate about ... except that I can't seem to find the rhythm.  

Without the rhythm ... it's more like going through the motions ... and I've never been completely sold on the the "fake-it-til-you-make-it" philosophy even though I did manage to completely transform myself at 19 by doing something like that.

It's something I really want to do.  Everyone seems to think that it should come naturally to me.  This time, though, it doesn't  ... and I am not sure why.  I feel like I am on the Island of Misfit Toys.

Do you want to build a snowman? 

This morning I found myself aimlessly searching through bits and pieces of things that were intended as blog triggers ... yet somehow I never put the words together. 
Some of them made me smile.

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 

A man called me "MARY" four times after I told him 3 times that my name was "MARYJANE" ... another man dressed in camo offered to share his fudge striped cookies with me ... and a very young man reminded me that I WAS great.

I can hold back the tides. - God

"What a wonderful place and life I have been blessed with... You sent me the angel and I met an older couple from hot springs in the lobby... If you have time to talk I would love to tell you about it!" ~ a Facebook message from a friend

God is close.  God is not as far away as the farthest star.  He is as near as the next heartbeat.
“The Lord is near to all who call on him.” (Psalm 145:18)
God is waiting for you to ask. 

strawberries - last ones of the season ... new beginnings
squirrel came into the house ... look up squirrel symbolism ... the one with synchronicity
shake the dust off my shoes
get off the fence

“Desire is the interface between you and that which is greater than you. It is there to pull you into the next thing.” Mama Gena = founder of the School of Womanly Arts in NYC

Because your life is happening right now. The days are passing by like leaves
slowly falling off a tree in autumn. 



! ! ! ! ! ! ! 


So here I am ... with my nose pressed to the window ... observing the party that I was personally invited to ... yet not welcomed inside because somehow I don't fit in.

I've never really fit in.

Do you want to build a snowman"

Sometimes the encourager needs to be encouraged ... the motivator needs to be motivated ... 
the believer needs to be believed in...

Everyone needs ... a little hope.  Even me.

All I need is a spark. Or maybe my wick needs to be trimmed. 

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single flame.  

So many candles ... so little time.

www.lifelessons-mj.blogspot.com
(c) August 2014



 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment