Sunday, August 18, 2013

Answers ...

I got lured into watching a movie ... that I really didn't want to watch. And I had so much to get done today.  Funny how that happened to me ... so soon after I had exhausted myself ... on the whole subject of ... wasting time.

It was a story about life ... choices ... getting lost ... finding yourself ... integrity ... doing the right thing ...and the love that always follows if you simply learn to live life as ... you.

A wise woman in the movie said ... sometimes the tree grows too fast ... and you have to chop off the top of the tree ... to protect the roots.

Mulling that over ... I stayed put ... somehow knowing ... there was something more to come.

There are no answers.  Only the search.  Same wise woman said that, too.

A jolt ... this time ... more than a jab. 

I am always amazed when I wander down a random path ... and discover that a message was tucked away there  ... especially for me ... waiting to be found ... at exactly the right moment.

The movie was totally predictable ... and had a happy ending.  I liked it, though, that there was no promise of happily-ever-after ... or anything as silly as that.

Just a reassurance that all storms can be weathered ... if you live life out of love.  Had to smile ... Del had a thing or two to say about that this morning as well. Props to the choreographer.

Throughout the movie, one question took hold of my mind ... repeating itself over and over and over ... with a steady tempo ... urgent, persistent, disconcerting ...demanding to be asked ... outloud.

What really happens when two worlds collide?

I will spend the rest of the afternoon wondering where it came from ... and why. Tomorrow ...  well, tomorrow will quite possibly be ... the first day ... of the rest of my life.

... like a drum baby don't stop beating ...

www.lifelessons-mj.blogspot.com
(c) August 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment